We provide strategic advice to self-insurers, corporates and not for profits on a range of insurance and financial risks.
How we work with you
Our dedicated self insurance team works with corporate clients across many industries covering workers compensation, public liability, professional indemnity, medical malpractice, property and motor.
We help Australian and New Zealand organisations assess the most efficient approach to claims risk, whether its self insurance, insurance at a certain level or another alterative risk transfer option.
Market leading insights & practical advice
For workers compensation self insurers, we provide actuarial advice to satisfy regulatory requirements and to help understand the key drivers of claim costs.
We offer marketing leading insights and research and development keeping you informed about the latest challenges and opportunities in self insurance.
A dedicated team of self insurance experts
We can support corporates and organisations with...
- Valuation of retained risk
- Assess insurance options & feasibility studies
- Establishing self insurance funds or pools
- Cost efficient insurance arrangements, benchmarking & cost allocation models
- Sensitive claims risk (eg. abuse, redress)
- Workers compensation self insurance (including Comcare) - valuation and bank guarantee
- Alternative risk transfer (self insurance funds, captives, mutual)
Alternative insurance options
As an alternative to purchasing commercial insurance, organisations are increasingly exploring the feasibility of alternative risk transfer options, such as a:
• Captive or protected cell captive (PCC)
• Discretionary mutual fund (DMF) or mutual arrangement
• Self-insurance fund or group pooling.
We can support you in assessing the financial viability of each option and help you determine the next steps, if deemed viable. Whilst potentially costly to operate, the key motivation for establishing a captive insurance company is access to the reinsurance market.
Read our self insurance & liability insights
Self Insurance Practice Leader & Principal Read more
Trusted by Australia's leading corporates
on a range of self insurance and liability issues
Powered by smart, results-oriented people with unrivalled depth of industry experience, we can provide a unique perspective across a wide range of business challenges.Contact us